In 2014, the University of Hildesheim will host the 44th Annual Meeting of the Ecological Society of Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The meeting will take place from September 8th to 12th, 2014 in Hildesheim, Germany. The guiding theme of the 44th Annual Meeting is "Integrating ecological knowledge into nature conservation and ecosystem management".
Along the lines of this guiding theme, we will stimulate scientific discussions on basic and applied ecological topics as well as on nature conservation and management. Special focus will be given to:
- biodiversity research (e.g. diversity of genes, species and ecosystems; threats and conservation)
- ecosystem functioning (e.g. ecosystem services, processes and functions, ecological dynamics)
- species and populations (e.g. interactions, competition, adaption, survival, community assembly, past and current pattern)
- ecosystem types (e.g. marine, aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems; from polar to tropical regions, from lowlands to mountains)
- global change effects (e.g. climate change, land use change, nutrient deposition, invasive species)
- management (e.g. general and international approaches, restoration ecology, sustainable land management)
- conservation approaches (e.g. linking ecological knowledge to nature conservation, environmental education, sustainability, community conservation, socio-ecological approaches, policy advice)
Call for Sessions started on December 18, 2013. The deadline for proposals has been extended until 28 February, 2013. Proposals addressing the guiding theme of the meeting as well as all other topics relevant to ecologists are welcomed.
Proposals should include the following information:
1. A session title
2. A short title (max 5 words or 50 characters)
3. The goal of the session (half A4 page)
4. Names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of chairs (up to three chairs per session)
5. List of potential speakers
(Please note: all potential speakers will have to register and pay registration fee)
If you would like to propose and chair a session, please submit your proposal to http://www.gfoe-2014.de/index.php?cat=call_sessions.